Arrowroot Real Estate invests in modernizing and rebranding well located, vintage Class B student housing and multifamily properties. The team focuses on supply constrained markets in Western and Midwestern regions of the United States:
- Student Housing Location Targets: Tier 1, research oriented universities with heavy emphasis on technology advancement and graduate level programs.
- Multifamily Targets: Metro markets with technology and research based job growth to attract young professionals.
Multifamily Target Markets
Student Housing Target Markets
Tier 1 Public Universities
What ARE considers “Tier 1”
- Minimum Enrollment of 20,000 Students
- School must be part of the Best Colleges – U.S. News National University Rankings
- Strong and recognizable athletic programs to act as future demand driver
- Schools that are expected to bring in at least $100 million per year in research grants
- Schools with selective admissions and high-quality faculty
- Barriers to Entry for New Supply
- Pedestrian Oriented Medium to High Density Campuses
- Strong Preference for University Campuses with:
- Vibrant technology and research based job growth to attract young professionals.
- Highly rated and large graduate programs that attract affluent students who do not want to live in undergraduate housing with roommates.
- Examples include: UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC San Diego, University of Michigan, University of Utah, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin, Oregon State University, etc.